Hope everyone is doing well. I just came back from my trip to the USA and it is now so sunny in Paris. It’s awesome ! On this Sunday I though a spring salad would be perfect. I pretty much used whatever I had in my fridge and it came out pretty nice.
- 4 chicken thigh fillets, skin removed (no bone)
- 2 cups flour*
- 1 egg
- 2 cups bread crumbs*
*For a Gluten Free option use corn starch instead of the flour and cornflakes instead bread crumbs. You can go check out my gluten free Gluten Free Crunchy Chicken here.
- 5 cups Romaine lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese slices
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
1 . The crunchy chicken : With a sharp knife, detail the chicken into strips. Add salt and pepper to the chicken pieces. Place the flour, the beaten egg and the bread crumbs in three different plates.
2 . Heat the oil in a saucepan. Dip the chicken strips into the flour, into the egg and finally into the bread crumbs to cover them completely. Cook for 15-20 minutes, turning them often enough to prevent them from burning.
After that, the salad comes together so FAST. Throw all ingredients into a bowl and dress with the reserved dressing. That’s kinda it.
3. Slice chicken into smaller pieces and prepare salad with lettuce, avocado slices, tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and finally chicken.
4 . Dressing: Mix the balsamic vinegar with olive oil. Drizzle with the dressing; season with salt and pepper; serve.