Today is a special day in France as everyone celebrate Candlemas or “La Chandeleur“. Nowadays it’s a family time most simply associated with eating crêpes, delicious thin French pancakes.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes + 30 minutes rest
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 3 1/4 cups (750 ml of milk
- 3 cups (375g) of flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil + 1/4 cup for the pan
- 1 tablespoon of orange flower water
1 . Put the eggs, oil, sugar, milk and orange flower water into the blender. Mix for couple seconds.
2. Then add the flour and mix for 1 minute. Allow the batter to rest for 30 minutes at room temperature before making the crêpes.
3. Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium. Lightly coat with a bit of vegetable oil. Add 1/3 cup batter and swirl to completely cover bottom of skillet. Cook until underside of crepe is golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Loosen edge of crepe with a rubber spatula, then quickly flip. Cook one more minute. Slide crepe out of skillet and repeat with remaining batter.
5. Add any filling that you like: sugar, chocolate, jelly.. you have an infinite choice !