Happy New Year! I hope you had a great time with family and friends as well as plenty of good food !
Today’s recipe is really easy and simple but so delicious! This mini potatoes au gratin is a perfect side dish for read meat or even fish.
Hope you will enjoy xx
- mandoline slicer (if you don’t have one you can just chop the potatoes with a knife finely, it will just take a bit more time)
- 4 mini casseroles or ramekins (or even a muffins/cupcakes tray)
- 500g of potatoes – (6 medium potatoes)
- 1 egg
- 300 ml (1 1/4 cup) of milk
- 50 ml ( 1/4 cup) of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of shredded gruyere or swiss
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
Preheat oven to 320 °F. Peel the potatoes and finely chop them with a mandolin (or a knife). Once all the potatoes are chopped, divide the potatoes in thin layers in the mini casseroles, while making sure to separate them from each other.
In a bowl, beat the egg, the milk and the heavy cream. Add the ground nutmeg,the salt and the pepper. Pour this mixture over the potatoes and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Cook for 1 hour.
Pour la version française c’est par ici : Gratin de pommes de terre facile